Medical Examiner Education

by Asya

Photo Credit: Brett L

Photo Credit: Brett L

I am a chemistry-forensic science major at Alabama State University. I wanted to get my Master's and PhD in chemistry. However, I have recently narrowed it down and decided that I would like to be a medical examiner.

I understand that I have to go to a medical school. Would that equal going to a university with a medical college or department? Or would I need to go to a medical only school such as John Hopkins. I originally picked schools such as University of Alabama in Birmingham, University of Miami, Florida International, and University of Florida. But they all have a school or college of medicine.

Am I on the right track?

Related Information on The All About Forensic Science Website

Medical Examiner

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Forensic Q & A.