Crime Scene Investigator Degree

by Katharine

Photo Credit: Air Force Office of Special Investigations

Photo Credit: Air Force Office of Special Investigations

Hi all, Im in my first year at college studying a BTEC national diploma in applied science, that has some forensics units in it. In the future I want to be out there at the crime scene collecting evidence. Is this then a crime scene investigator?

What course's would I need to take in university in order to acheive this? Would it be better to take forensics, or go straight for a crime scene investigator degree? Sorry if this question seems kinda stupid but I'm confused by what everyone keeps telling me!

I will be eternally grateful if i get an answer that makes it straightfoward on what I need to do! all I want to do is be out there collecting evidence! thanks! x

Click here to read or post comments

Return to Forensic Q & A.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.