Comments for Qualifications for a Forensic Scientist

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 17, 2010
Forensic career ?
by: Marcella


Hi there. I am a Forensic Serologist. That means that I do DNA analysis and body fluid id on crime evidence. You want to do Toxicology or Pathology? To be a Forensic Pathologist you need an MD and then post-grad work to become a specalist. It is about 10-12 years of higher education. And yes, alot of math. If you want to be a toxicologist, a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry would suffice, which includes about a year of calculus, at least in the United States.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Qualifications for a Forensic Scientist.

Return to Forensic Q & A.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.