Comments for Forensic Schooling

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 03, 2008
long road ahead....
by: Anonymous

Before you commit yourself to this field of study you should know that there are virtually no full time jobs for forensic anthropologists anywhere in the US. Everyone I know who does forensic anthropology does it more or less as a sideline. The typical forensic anthropologist is a PhD level college or university faculty member with an appointment in physical or biological anthropology.

You are looking at the following periods of study:

BS or BA: 4 years
PhD: 6 years

You might do better to consider a career in crime scene processing/reconstruction. The highest degree required would be an MA or MS.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Forensic Schooling.

Return to Forensic Q & A.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.