Comments for Field or Lab Analyst?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 28, 2010
by: Marcella


It depends where you will end up working if you will do crime scenes (field work) or just lab work. Some jurisdictions hire CSI techs for crime scenes and scientists for the lab, some use the scientist for both. Some are sworn, some are not. Private labs are usually lab work only.

In either case, you should major in a physical science and take all the math, chemistry, biochem and statistics classes you can.

Good Luck,


Click here to add your own comments

Return to Field or Lab Analyst?.

Return to Forensic Q & A.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.